Freitag, 10. Januar 2020

Art Cafe f/2 | History and Data

by Doris Stricher & Ernst Koller

 

OPEN YOUR EYES OUVRE TES YEUX
APRI GLI OCCHI ABRA TUS OJOS

Artist's Statement | Explaining Your Art

Art Cafe Exhibitions with Emmanuel Smague, Luis Miranda, Dominique Guillochon, Oliver Gilet, Carlo Tardani, James Wainwright, Anne Clements, Gerard Stricher, Cesar Augusto, Olli Kekäläinen, Shari Baker, Srecko Lebinec, Levan Kakabadze, Augusto Rosa, Dibujos de Molina, Osvaldo Pieroni, g_art, Brancollina, noisette*

 

Art Cafe f/2 Interview with Gérard Stricher

Art Cafe f/2: Who are you? 

Stricher: I am a painter in my new life, in my former life i worked at the industry. I always wanted to become a painter but life decided differently and now my dream has become reality.

Art Cafe f/2: Where do you live and where do you work?

Stricher: I live mostly in Paris and work at a place called Vienne-en-Arthies, it’s about one hour from Paris in an area named le «Véxin». This place, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields, forests, cattles, is so close to Paris and so far from the atmospher. This place has something magical because since the 19. Century it was crowded with painters. Starting with the old Pissaro who gattered them all, Cézanne, Monet (his house here is to sell) and after the second world war came all the american searching influences like Edward Hopper, Joan Mitchell, Riopelle and also Zao WuKi. So, i am here in good compagny!

Art Cafe f/2: How do you work?

Stricher: I work every day, I have too, I need too. I like to work on big size frames. I mostly use oil mixed with acrylic and others. I use all kind of brushes and others too. It’s my own «cuisine» and the more I practice, the more I get expert in.

Art Cafe f/2: How would qualify your work?

Stricher: The first thing I would say is that a have a passion for colors, I use them without any shame depending on my mood. I never think about their relation, my eye is determinant in this choise. My world is full of colors, even in a rainy day! Second thing, yes, I pay attention to the compo, but that is obvious. Last evidence is the viewer’s eye, he sees stories I do not even have suggested but I give him the opportunity to vagabond in my abstract world. So my work seems to be abstract narrativ or something like that!

Art Cafe f/2: Which are your favorites artists?

Stricher: They are so many… Le Caravage, Matisse of course, Gerhard Richter, Anselm Kiefer, Barcelo…

Art Cafe f/2: Why on flickr?

Stricher: It wasn’t on purpose, only because of a stupid sport accident I was stucked at home and so I started to play on my computer. But I met a lot of interesting and creativ people in there worlwide. It’s also a way to show your art and to have an idea about people tastes.

The interview was conducted by Doris Stricher. Doris is a French artist and art historian. She lives and works in Paris. Her artistic work takes her to many countries. She has a deep artistic relationship with the Austrian artist Peter Seelig.

Link to Peter Seelig